I teach a combination of classes that existed when I came to Davis and those I developed (bolded and marked with an asterisk).
Links will take you to the catalog descriptions.
First Year Seminar
- FRS (numbers vary): Taxonomies and Classification Systems
- FRS (numbers vary): Revisiting Histories of Science
- UWP 011*: Popular Science and Technology Writing (offered every Winter)
- UWP 120*: Rhetorical Approaches to Scientific and Technological Issues (alternate years; next offered Fall 2020)
- UWP 121*: History of Scientific Writing (alternate years; next offered Fall 2021)
- UWP 1: Introduction to Academic Literacies
- UWP 18: Style in the Essay
- UWP 19: Writing Research Papers
- UWP 102E: Writing in the Disciplines: Engineering
- UWP 104A: Business Reports and Technical Communication, now divided into 104A: Writing in the Professions: Business Writing and 104T: Writing in the Professions: Technical Writing
- UWP 104E: Writing in the Professions: Science
- UWP 220*: Rhetorical Approaches to Genre Study (alternate years; next offered 2020-2021)
- UWP 390: Theory and Practice of University-Level Composition Instruction